Monday, July 2, 2007

My Window

I love the shining light pouring through my foyer window
no matter what the source, I love that shining window
sometimes the light is very bright and hot - you might say scalding
and sometimes it is comfortingly warm, flowing soothingly through that window
Warmth is a very interesting thing, from soothing to annoying
it may chase the deepest cold from your bones
or cause tossing to keep you from sleeping
Heat is evidence of energy imparted:
a loving hug, a healing touch, a love just started.
no matter what years have passed, I long for that energy
from my God, from my friend, from my sweet love's kisses
as I said it matters not the source of warmth and light
from moon and stars to shining sun, from God direct - He is so bright,
but though all the light and all the heat have some positive contribution
without a doubt, it is His light that has changed my constitution

3 comments:

God's Warrior Bride said...

I love what you have written and I love you. You bring me comfort, peace and joy, you are God's light.

Brandi Wilson said...

You're Back! How nice!
Hey, I've never read anything so poetic that you've written before...nice!

Kevin said...

I loved to see a new blog today! I love the writing. A little sappy for me, but totally perfect for Brenda!

Love you guys! Tell Jim I said hi, and miss his big hellos on Sunday Morning!