Thursday, February 1, 2007

From freedom, to freedom; From glory to glory

Words cannot express fully the deliverance I have received by the grace and love of my God. Of course all my life I have experienced deliverance, but this deliverance which I speak of is very current. As God has increasingly poured our His presence on our church, as it seems He has on the whole body of Christ, deliverance must come. In His presence our whole being must respond in some way - for or against. His grace is sufficient. Some of the freedom came easy, but there was a wall - a very black wall - a seemingly impenetrable wall - which prevented me from resolution of a root matter. I saw the root in part, and the truth of God seemed to dig pieces of that root out the way you dig into a vegetable with a spoon - slow, deliberately and seemingly very inefficiently. I saw the root in part, but it was fleeting and shadowy and when I could reach for it, it ran through my fingers like water. Only a uncomfortable film was left on my skin which tormented me by it's stinch. But wait, my God is faithful and graceful no matter what or how things appear. While going through the process (in the darkness) I did hear from my God, although faintly. He continued to say "don't give up. I love you, even when you don't see it or feel it or think it". Some of my dear friends unknowingly would agree with Him. The drops of water I received from Him and them saved me from death. Well, I should say what I was delivered of. The lie was rejection. The lie sounded like "You aren't included, and there are many good reasons." It seemed silly. It seemed stupid. It was full of shame. It wasn't true, but it felt as true as any truth I know. But it didn't line up with my God. It lined up with some of the relationships I've had. It lined up with some of the wounds I've received. How thankful I am that the truth, THE reality, is that if something doesn't line up with my God it is NOT TRUE. I pray nothing affects or changes me but the truth. My God is the Way, the Truth, the Life. The truth that set me free was a prophecy which called me out. God had sent many words and prophecies to act as a battering ram to beat against that wall. The last meerly said "You are included. You are in the center, surrounded by a circle of love from the Body of Christ as the inner circle and your God is the outer circle."
HE INCLUDED ME
I am so happy in Christ today
That I go singing along my way
Yes I'm so happy to know and say
Jesus included me too!
vs:
Jesus included me, yes, He included me
When the Lord said "Whosover"
He included me
Jesus included me, yes, He included me
When the Lord said "Whosover"
He included me

Gladly I read, Whosover may
come to the fountain of life today
but when I read it I always say
Jesus included me too!

Ever God's Spirit is saying "Come"
Hear the Bride saying "No longer roam"
But I am sure while they're calling home
Jesus included me too!

Freely come drink
words the soul to thrill
O with what joy they my heart do fill
For when He said "Whosover will"
Jesus included me too!

9 comments:

A-lauf said...

That is good stuff. I too have been delivered from the lie of rejection. Just this week!

Francesca said...

Brenda, you are the apple of God's eye. You are the captain of unity and peace. You are the life of the party. You are a wild woman. You are everything God says you are. You are beautiful and accepted. You are one of my very favotite people. I love you

Pamelotta said...

I remember one of the first times I came to Trinity. I saw you standing with Jeff Hines' mom and Kathy Hawk, I think. I thought to myself, "She looks like such a fun person to be around. I want to get to know her." Of course, as I've told you before, I was a little intimidated by the age difference. I am so glad God eventually brought us together! He gives such good gifts! I love you!

Brenda M Becker said...

Thanks my Christ Family - I love you all with all my being. Aaron, I'm so happy for you too. You make my heart dance. Fancesca- wow! I receive from the lovely prophet and precious friend. Pam, dear friend, sweet and loving, I love our relationship.

Kevin said...

Man, my original post did not stick. Sorry. I posted yesterday after work! I do not remember what I said! Hope Brenda did not remove it!

Brenda, I want you to know that I love you! You are a fun person to be around! I was so upset we did not get to spend time with you in Jan.

trish said...

I would have never known the enemy was lying that lie to you. The truth is so much better to hear, but often so quiet, the sound of it won't rise over the walls we build. You are so beautiful to me. Never let that voice take precedence over the fact that you could call anyone at any time and have a friendship date.

Lydianna Bradford said...

When I read this, I honestly laughed out loud. It's so funny, because so many times the enemy feeds everyone the lie of rejection...Brenda -- Ashlee is rejecting you... Ashlee -- Brenda is rejecting you...Blah Blah Blah! I'm so glad we are all getting FREE of that! I miss chatting with you, and your words of encouragement very much! You are wise, wild, fun, and beautiful!!! I love you!!

Brandi Wilson said...

Brenda,
I adore you. I'm so thankful for everything about you! It saddened my heart to think that you've been listening to that lie for so long. I never would have known.
You know I love you dearly!

MONICA said...

Brenda, I love you! I rejoice for the TRUTH that sets you free to be! You are one of my favorites!!